Distinctive for skin that turns green to purplish-black when ripe, the Hass is the leading variety of Imported avocadoes.
they are oval-shaped, have pebbly skin, and contain medium-sized seeds.
- Avocados Are a Heart-Healthy, Nutrient-Dense SuperfoodNutrient-dense foods are those that provide substantial amounts of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients with relatively few calories. One-third of a medium avocado (50 g) has 80 calories and contributes nearly 20 vitamins and minerals, making it a great nutrient-dense food choice.
- Contains Good FatsThe avocado is virtually the only fruit that contains heart-healthy monounsaturated fat – good fat!
- Naturally Sodium-, Sugar- and Cholesterol-FreeCalifornia Avocados are naturally sodium-, sugar- and cholesterol-free.
- A Unique FruitAvocados can act as a “nutrient booster” by helping increase the absorption of fat-soluble nutrients such as vitamins A, D, K, and E.
- Great for Babies and KidsThe avocado’s creamy consistency makes it one of the first fresh foods a baby can enjoy.